11 June 2010

A New Trailer For Studio Ghibli's Karigurashi No Arrietty (The Borrowers)


















Source TwitchFilm
About 20  years ago its summer morning I get up switch on television I watch this animation which  just stunned me, beautifully drawn, well crafted story which memorised me and it wasn't until about 10 years later did I realise that animation I was watching was Laputa:Castle In The Sky. That day I woke up to Japanese animation and the magic of Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli.
Anytime Anything new from Studio Ghibili is always worth a look and even when someone asks me 'Disney or Ghibili?' always Ghibli! Earlier in the year I posted the first teaser for Karigurashi No Arrietty (The Borrowers) and now another teaser trailer has appeared online. The movie is based on Mary Norton's The Borrowers classic story and the story is based around a family of tiny people who live hidden in a normal humansize house  surviving of 'borrowed' or discarded items.
The movie has been scheduled for a July 17th release in Japan but as for rest of the world no word yet but if they follow what they did for previous releases it could anything from next few months upto 2012 at least for UK & Ireland.

Tell us what you think of the trailer, what it after the break....



No comments:

Post a Comment