10 May 2016

DVD Review - Classroom 6 (2016)





Thrill after Thrill

Classroom 6 is the latest DVD from UK Distributor LEFT Films who bring us this nail biting paranormal found footage horror. Classroom 6 is the story of a documentary team who are locked in a college over night to investigate the strange happenings in a haunted classroom. After a few hours of nothing much really happening events take a dark turn when members of the crew start disappearing, getting picked off one by one.

Going into this film I was a little hesitant as I am not good with Paranormal films not only that this was, yet again another found footage horror film. With films such as The Gallows previously being released in the past year this felt like another run of the mill found footage film. However I was pleased to see that this actually had substance to it.

Although not great in any way it is one of the better low budget found footage horror films. It is a shame that this has only received a direct to DVD release as I think this would do well in Cinemas. With this sub genre being one that truly freaks me out I was some what excited when the film actually started to be good.

The acting was decent for this kind of film, again it has all been done before so there is really nothing special or particular I can really point out. Other than just the film having great suspense and the tension being great, mainly because of the great setting.

The only criticism I can say is that for s film that is only an hour and 16 (1 hour 12mins  in the UK) It was a little unsettling to have the film fully start to pick up 55 minutes in, don’t get me wrong there were moments of terror before the 55 minute mark but in my experience of watching horror films, a film of this length needs to grab its audience from the get go and this was not the case here.

I need to give credit where its due though the DVd release itself is something worth talking about with a short film, an interview with the lead actress Valentina Colarich, a short making of and a trailer. I think this helped me to really like the film more because it felt as though the studio had faith in the product and I respect the release more for that.

Overall Classroom 6 is one worth buying when it is out in June but if you are like me and like to have a Friday night Fright then it will be released on VoD early May 2016.

I highly recommend this film, even though I had my issues with it I think horror fans will go crazy for this film.

★★★1/2 | Ross Wilock

Horror | USA, 2016 | 15 | Left Films | 9th May 2016 (Digital) 6th June 2016 (UK DVD) | Dir. Jonas Odenheimer | Valentina Kolaric, Mike McLaughlin, Michael Wynn | Buy:Classroom 6 [DVD]

Why Not Check out Ross Video review for Classroom 6, Watch It Here

No comments:

Post a Comment