29 August 2016

Frightfest 2016 Film Review - Ibiza Undead (2016)





Epic, Insane and bloody outstanding

Writer and Director Andy Edwards does a superb job with this epic Zombie comedy flick ingeniously blending the gore with the laughs in a unique and awesome way. I can safely say that Edwards is well on his way to becoming a legend in horror cinema.

When three friend go to Ibiza for what they think will be the time of their lives, little do they know that the ever growing zombie apocoli[s will most likely stand in their way. Just when they thought having Alex’s ex-girlfriend tagging along would be a bloody nightmare as It was.

The carnage ensues in the epic blood bath of tension and gore. Every second of this film is worth it for me. I found that I was wanting to go and watch every zombie film out there, as I am not the biggest zombie movie fan, This however is a film that I personally feel will be the king of all future zombie films. Not only are the affects amazing but the characters and writing was just amazing. As a wannabe screen writer this is a heaven on earth film for me as I can finally see what horror cinema is made of.

Seeing a film like this and thinking of how zombies have been portrayed in media up until now I can honestly say The Walking dead has serious competition.

I never really get scared per say of zombies in films but I think it was the outstanding production quality of his film that had me terrified of the flesh eating monsters in this film. This was a massive plus for me and made my opinion of the film sore to the highest levels.

I can only credit a horror film for the impact and scare factor that it has and his over sold everything I thought this film would be.

Take my advice and go and get this film when it hits the public in March of next year.

This has to be by far one of the best films I have seen this year!!

Outstanding piece of horror cinema that will become a legend

★★★★★| Ross Wilcock

Horror, Comedy | UK, 2016 | 15 | Templeheart Films | Horror Channel Frightfest 2016 | Dir.Andy Edwards | Cara Theobold, Emily Atack, Algina Lipskis,Alex Zane, Jordan Coulson, Ed Kear, Homer Todiwala

1 comment:

  1. Great review, glad your enjoyed the film.

    ReplyDelete