28 June 2017

GBF (2013) LGBT Movie review by Ross Wilcock in celebration of Pride Month.


When Tanner is outed by his classmates he becomes the first “Gay Best Friend” and now that he is one all the popular girls in school have to one too.

Mean Girls meets Clueless in this hilarious and touching Gay romantic comedy about first love, coming out and finding out who you are.

Released through Peccadillo Pictures this is one of my favourite films in the LGBT genre starring some of Hollywood's bigger rising stars including Michael J Willet (Faking It), Sasha Pieterse ( star of the sensational ABC thriller Pretty Little Liars) and Xosha Roquemore (the Mindy Project) as well as many other rising stars. The film also features singer JoJo and 90’s teen movie star Rebecca Gayhart. GBF is one of the best Gay themed comedies I have seen in a long time. It is a film that conveys every emotion in me. It's lovely and refreshing to see that gay culture is represented in a positive (story of) way.

I loved how the characters overcame who they were at the start of the film.

Being gay myself I love seeing movies where Gay life is something of the norm and I loved that the parents in the film were just so open.

Now I am not saying this sis the greatest film ever by any means as I know some people might take offence to the film, but if you see it the way I do which is a fun teen comedy that opens people's eyes to that at the end of the day to love someone, no matter what gender is out to own choice.

I loved this film and would recommend it to anyone!

Ross Wilcock

LGBT, Comedy, Romance | USA, 2013 | 15 | Peccadillo Pictures | Dir.Darren Stein Evanna Lynch, Natasha Lyonne, Megan Mullally, Andrea Bowen, Sasha Pieterse


No comments:

Post a Comment