3 June 2010

Watch The Beautifully Stunning TUNGIJUQ Short

















source Twitch
I trained to be a graphic designer and even though I never took the career up (simply due to lack of money to finish my university) I still have that creative eye and ocassionally create something graphically, but having that eye for detail I caught thisTingijuq

My First Impressions from the name its a new Chinese movie but this is actually a beautifully shot short from from Canadian based music/commerical video making directors Felix & Paul with Inuit throat singer Tanya Tagaq Gillis (shes worked alot with Bjork).
What makes this stunning apart from the visuals is the fact there's no dialogue and the imagery and sound just work harmonously together and it highlights with some care and attention music/commerical directors can movie into movie making be it short movie first perfectly.

Watch all seven minutes of the short down below....

A thought-provoking meditation on the seal-hunt and what it means to the traditional way of life for the Inuit.- IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment