15 August 2016

Blu-ray Review - Lazer Team (2016)





Epic, fun and silly!

Laser team is the biggest crowd funded film so far. From YouTube Red and Animatsu, on DVD and Blu-Ray in the UK now.

Four unlikely men are witness to a UFO crash sight and are thrust into a mission to save the world.

I haven’t had this much fun with a film in so long. This film was completely and utterly brilliant!

I really liked this film although it had a vets fair share of faults. The main reason I liked it so much was because its a film for the fans made by the fans.

As A YouTuber myself I love the fact that this fim had the support of YouTube and FullScreen. This certainly the way films these days are heading and completely shows how important crowd funding can really be

I just found his film to be so much fun, even though it had faults. I think the reason why I liked it was because it was just so fun and had a unique plot. Even though there are films that are similar to this one.

The main negative I had was he acting, at time s felt a little over the top and other time it felt forced. Although it didn’t take much away from the film some people might not like this about the film. I think being a fan of low budget, indie films gives me an edge because I Know and can see the passion and love that went behind this film. Its such a fun watch and every minute of it – despite the acting being a little off was great.

Having said that giving the type of film it is and that it was crowd funded I am really excited to see it get a release and can not wait to see where the film goes form here. I think it’s the kind of film that really deserves a DVD and Blu-ray release, even a cinema release.

I just hope that this encourages other film makers to go down the crowd funding path and can see that with a great story and a love for film will get you far. Plus as a person who has given money to films in the past I feel that many fans will feel a lot more likely to talk and recommend the film because they have helped make it.

I can not recommend this film any more! It is great check it out!

★★★★| Ross Wilcock

Action, Comedy, Sci-fi | USA, 2016 | Manga Entertainment | 15th August 2016 (UK) | Dir.Matt Hullum | Gavin Free, Alan Ritchson, Allie DeBarry, Burnie Burns, Colton Dunn | Buy:Lazer Team Director's Cut [Blu-ray]


No comments:

Post a Comment