6 June 2011

Watch The Animated Short UMBRA

For many years i eat, sleep, breathed comic books, I just couldn't do without them but the comic book quality just got stagnant and I perused for better different things. Independent/underground comics became my thing and at the time I was at university studying graphic design anything with a design element I loved. The styles were varied from something you could regard as mainstream straight down to minimalistic style like this animated short. UMBRA is the creation of Malcom Sutherland and the short recently debuted at The Worldwide Short Film Festival in Toronto Canada, I just love the simplicity of the movie with the pastel and styling just makes the short a delight to watch.

Check out UMBRA in Full below:
Lovely hand-drawn ink and pastel animation traces an explorer's adventures into an unknown world of shifting contrasts and elusive horizons, a world that he seems to have visited before. A recursive convergence of inner and outer space.  


sourceTwitchFilm

No comments:

Post a Comment