26 January 2010

Trailer for Thomas Vinterberg's SUBMARINO





source SlashFilm
When Dogme95 "film movement" outside of Europe Lars Von Trier was the man who got all the appraisal, but Thomas Vinterverg the co-creator never really got the praise he deserved. His movie Festen (The Celebration) got him alot of credit he deserved. Unfortunately for Thomas he couldn't live upto the expections in his next few movies.
Vinterberg's work is very new to me and I admit I havent seen any of his movies, but with the last few years I have called my Film education years, the years I expand my love of movies to take in as many genres as possible. The nearest Independent cinema to me is in Glasgow(which would show his movies), I ask myself  why havent I went there? I could say I've been scared as in the sense what people will think that I would like a non-hollywood movie. Now you cant get me away from that cinema!

Below is the trailer for SUBMARINO, Vinterberg's latest movie about 2 estranged brothers in a dark but modern drama based on a Jonas T. Bengtsson book which involves an childhood event which ripped them apart.
The movie will premiere at the upcoming Berlin Film Festival, with an release in Denmark on March 25th. There will be an limited American Release, as for UK &Ireland there is no news.
sorry there's no english subtitles for trailer, its in its native Danish language.

No comments:

Post a Comment